One of Mark's key skills is his ability to dig down through a mass of information to identify the nub of a problem. He achieves this by exploring how your business got where it is, where you want the business to go and how you intend getting it there.
With your help and input, Mark can guide you through this process, identify your real goals and the challenges stopping you achieving them and then work with you on how to overcome those challenges.
Given his broad experience, he can personally assist with a range of areas of your business, but the general area of sales is one of his key strengths as is the ability to plan and implement strategic and operational change. If your business is really struggling, his proven track record of business turnaround in both public and private sectors will be of great value to you.
Some of Mark's achievements
Visit Mark's Linked In Profile for detailed information on Mark Harris and his history.
If you don't have a profile on LinkedIn, then your first diagnosis is that you should have - it's easy to do and can bring many benefits. And it's free!
Some key factors in Mark's past of relevance to his role with Enterprise Doctor are:
- Ran his own business for 12 years, building it to a turnover of £1.4m with 10 staff and then successfully sold it to a large competitor
- Started up the Thames Valley branch of a Birmingham business and within 2 years it was generating more net profits than the long-established head office
- Recruited to manage a division of the UK subsidiary of a US company – took it from the status of being about to be closed as a division (including a full complement of staff ready to leave), to becoming a thriving division with happy staff and even happier customers and senior managers
- Recruited by a major IT wholesaler to start a new division – inherited a small product group – generated a 500% increase in sales inside the first year and took on two new brands – promoted to run their printer division with a sales target of £30m
- Sought out by a local Council to define, set up and run an Investor Development programme to enable the Council to understand businesses within its area and to communicate effectively with them
- Managed an Enterprise Agency providing help for pre-start and early-stage businesses – rescued from imminent closure by persuading key partners to continue the funding in return for a meaningful Service Level Agreement and the success of a number of new initiatives described within it
- Volunteers as a trained Princes Trust Business Mentor (very fulfilling work – to be recommended – ask Mark for more details if you’re interested)
- Turned around the sales and marketing offering of a further education College, massively raising the local profile, initiating a series of highly successful networking events and ensuring targets for the delivery of training were exceeded
- Led a small team at the Swindon Chamber of Commerce and built it from a virtually non-existent group to a thriving organisation to the benefit of all of its members
- Hired by a College to significantly raise its profile with local businesses, specify & introduce a CRM system, develop & introduce new range of business-focussed training and attack targets for "Train to Gain" and Apprenticeships - all objectives exceeded
If you think a chat with Enterprise Doctor just might be a good idea, please get in touch
. Still need some convincing? Then read more here